Monday, July 2, 2012

Popular Music and Jazz


        What if our time's pop music wasn't popular any more? That would seem very strange. What if jazz music or classical became extremely popular? Would it turn into pop music? Because styles change so quickly, "pop music" can be anything depending on the time period. While say, if a group creates a hit song, how do you think it will be in 10 years? If they do not evolve their style, they are in danger of becoming a thing of the past. Because all popular music WILL go out of style at some point. 
    I listen to different genres. I don't like to have the same type of music playing non stop, because I get tired and bored with it.I guess my favorite genre of music is jazz, because I really love how people can put so much emotion in a song. Because I can't think of one pop song with that much emotion, with the one exception of Adele! Adele should have a genre all to her own. With jazz music, you don't need lyrics to put a feeling in the song. You can feel if it is happy, sad, angry, or mysterious.
    It's just an opinion. And there are over 7 billion different ones on earth.

image from: http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25000000/Jazz-Music-music-25086906-417-288.jpg

                             -K.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment