Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Becoming a Musician


      Music is my passion. 

    I have loved music for as long as I can remember. But it really started when I began to play B flat clarinet. I remember the day I rented out my first musical instrument. Joining the world of music. It goes like this:

    "I'll take a clarinet please." I say to the man at the desk, looking upwards at him. He hands the clarinet to me, and excitingly I take the case, holding it as a baby. It may sound cheesy, but this is not one of these "Oh Brother..." type of stories. This is a life changing one. The one where I become a musician. Anyway, back to my story. So where were we? Oh yea. Okay, here we go!

    After that day, I played in band. I loved my tone, my sound, the slurs... Most of all I loved performing. I loved classical, but soon I really began to love jazz music. I listened to it, played it, but I soon realized that I really wanted to play another instrument. 

    "Alto Saxophone." I said. "I want to play alto saxophone." But it really wasn't that simple. You see, in the school band I was in, you had to try out. I did try out. And I was turned down. As you can imagine, I was not happy. It was my dream! I actually was afraid to try again. But this is not the end. Because one day, a few months later, I was inspired.

   There was this amazing female alto/tenor/soprano saxophone player. She was a singer too. Her name? Grace Kelly. Not the actress, the musician. Look her up. When I heard her music, I immediately said: "I have to try again. I am going to play Alto Saxophone."  

   I practiced nearly two hours a day on clarinet. I was going to pass the skill test. And by the time I took it, I played it with a beautiful tone. And? I passed. 

   A week after I passed the test, I was standing at the desk again to rent my alto saxophone. "I'll take an alto saxophone please." I say to the man at the desk.




                     -K.T

3 comments:

  1. Nice Story!!! You are a wonderful writer. You will be famous one day!!!! :) (For both writing, and being such a powerful musician!) I can't wait to hear you play, and remember I am your biggest fan!
    -Your Friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I try to make my writing as non-boring as possible. :)

    -K.T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your story!!! its really good and you are amazing at the alto saxophone

    ReplyDelete