Friday, June 29, 2012

Musical Memory

        When I was just browsing You Tube a few months or so ago, I came across a video of Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A- 1st Movement. I played the video, I listened while I cleaned my room. Anyway, when the clarinet came in, I glanced at the screen. The clarinet player, was playing everything without music. The piece was not short. I wonder just how many times she had to play it before she had it down. Did she study the sheet music? Or rather did she listen to the piece over and over, memorizing the sound? Maybe some of both. I can memorize pieces, but only up to about 4 minutes, but the pieces are not too advanced. It seemed like she played for 10 minutes! Not to mention how difficult her music must have been. It was just amazing! Her tone was beautiful. How do you think those advanced musicians remember their music? Tell me what you think!


                            -K.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment